A common roadblock an independent insurance producer faces is how to complete Anti-Money Laundering Training (AML) in order to get contracted to sell life insurance.
You’re here because someone told you that you need to complete your AML training, or, you’re new to the business and need to get your AML training completed in order to get contracted to sell life insurance.
Either way, I’m going to show you 2 very quick and simple ways to complete your AML so you can keep selling life insurance.
“The purpose of the AML rules is to help detect and report suspicious activity, including the predicate offenses to money laundering and terrorist financing, such as securities fraud and market manipulation.”
In other words, this is not optional.
If you plan on starting or continuing your career as an independent insurance agent, you need to complete your anti-money laundering training every 2 years as well as stay up to speed with the updates.
You’ll also notice that you need to take the core AML test and then there are periodic updates you will need to complete. The updates are super quick and easy.
Below are two easy ways to complete AML training:
- WebCE AML: Web CE is the easiest way for new insurance agents to complete the required AML training. Start Your AML Training Now!
- LIMRA AML: LIMRA AML is the most common way to complete and maintain your AML training after you are already appointed with various insurance companies. LIMRA AML works a bit different than Web CE and can be easily explained by clicking here. If you are already an agent and need to renew or take an updated course for AML, LIMRA is a great solution.
Take a look at the instructions below on how to complete AML training using either Web CE or LIMRA. We have included screen shots of each step to make this quick and simple. Good luck and happy selling!
Method #1: How to take Anti-Money Laundering Training for insurance producers using Web CE
- Click Web CE and click on “Course Catalog” on the left side
- Select your “Resident State”
- Choose “Available Licenses”
- Scroll down screen to “Additional Insurance CE Courses” and choose “Anti Money Laundering for the Insurance Industry”
- Click Add to Cart – Length 4 Hours, $4.95 + $4.00 Filing Fee
- Check Out, Complete, and Save for Your Records!
Method #2: How to take Anti-Money Laundering Training with LIMRA
- Click LIMRA and click on “AML Training Login” on the right side
- Enter your Username
- Enter your Limra AML Password
- Once logged in to LIMRA, complete the LIMRA AML training as well as any carriers who have registered you to complete their specific AML requirements. Note, LIMRA will not provide you a printed certificate so you will need to record your completion date as listed below. I usually take a screen shot because some times the insurance companies ask for it. If you cannot log in, that means the carrier has not submitted a request to LIMRA for AML training. You should proceed to using Web CE or ask the carrier if they have specific AML training you can take.
Now that you have figured out how to log in, complete and maintain your AML training, you can continue selling and contracting with new companies.