We can help you learn how to get appointed with insurance companies and place more business in your agency.
Perks of Contracting in the Redbird Network
- Our wholesale network will help you design and place Life, Annuity, Disability, LTC, and Medicare solutions for your clients.
- Our support teams will work with your cases every step of the way to ensure maximum placement. There is nothing worse than waiting for a case because you missed a small detail, we keep watch on that for you.
- Commission levels are fair and strong (paid directly by the carriers).
- We’re all accessible to help you, eliminating the time you spend chasing problems and looking for answers.
“I’ve written more than $25M of life insurance using local SEO, which keeps getting stronger with the rapid advancement in AI. This is an incredible time in our life to scale an insurance agency using a firm digital foundation.” – Drew Gurley, Founder
- SEO: unlock massive amounts of local SEO traffic to drive more inforce premiums to your agency.
- Content Marketing: our experienced team of writers create valuable content that will get shared, get links, and attract prospects using high intent long tail, local keywords.
- Social Media: effective repurposed social media strategies with clear ROI.
Below is a list of some of the companies we represent and can help you get started selling.
5 Star Life
Fidelity & Guarantee
Mutual of Omaha
Mutual Trust Life
National Life Group
New York Life
United Home Life
United Health Care
William Penn (NY)
Woman's Life Insurance Society
Get Contracted with the Redbird Network
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get appointed with insurance companies?
Assuming you don’t have any vector hits or a questionable background, you should expect to be appointed and ready to write business in about 10 days.
Depending on the state you live in you can submit your application at the same time as your appointment paperwork which allows you to get started immediately.
This is a standard practice in the insurance industry.
What are the requirements to get appointed direct with an insurance company?
In order to get contracted direct with any of our companies you’ll need the following.
- Active insurance producer license (Get study materials here)
- E&O (Here is a great resource to get E&O insurance)
- Current AML Training (instructions are here)
- Current annuity training (only if you’re selling annuities)
- Agency license (if you’re getting appointed as a business entity)
Is Redbird Advisors a captive agency?
Redbird is a place for independent agents to get support and remain independent and paid directly from the carriers. You can work with us at any capacity that best supports your agency and get paired with many of the best life insurance IMO, annuity IMO, etc…
What types of contracts are available?
Below are the types of contracts we can support with most carriers.
- Street level
- LOA (commission assignment)
There might be some other categories available, but we can support most relationships with these direct contract levels.
Can I build a down line?
Yes, but it’s not a requirement.
We’re here to help you write more life, annuity, disability, and Medicare business, and not to convince you that recruiting should be part of your strategy.
Recruiting and building a team under you is completely your decision. Let us know if you would like our help.
Does the Redbird Network have an advanced markets team?
We have an incredible team available to help you with advanced case design for life insurance, annuities, or disability. We primarily work with financial advisors that bring us a variety of complex cases.
Why do insurance agents need an IMO?
IMO is an acronym for independent marketing organization and sometimes known as an insurance marketing organization. Regardless, they are a source of top-level contracts.
Independent Insurance agents typically need to utilize a life or health insurance IMO or brokerage due to the support systems they can offer. Another reason is because insurance companies do not have the staff to support directly contracted agents to sell their insurance products. An IMO serves as a great middle man between the distribution force and the direct insurance carriers.
A good IMO will help you manage your book of business and provide services such as leads, CRM, marketing programs, hiring new agents, quoting tools, a dedicated recruiter, and top-level commissions as your up-line.
What is an FMO?
An FMO is a field marketing organization which is contracted with insurance carriers and manages distribution channels of licensed agents. FMO’s generally support general agencies (GA), managing general agents (MGA), and direct agents.
Your FMO should help you with marketing strategies to increase your insurance sales in your first year and beyond in the insurance business. A good insurance FMO will provide transparent communication and should be wildly focused on support whether you’re a health insurance agent, life insurance agent, Medicare advantage agent, or Medicare supplement broker.
Common services include marketing, lead generation, insight on the best lead programs, guidance on social media marketing strategies, and how to best navigate insurance carrier underwriting requirements.
Do you have a life insurance quoting tool?
All contracted agencies are granted access to broker back office which includes a very simple to use life insurance quoter that will run comparisons for term life, GUL, and final expense. Here is a demo of how to run quotes in broker back office.
We will also grant you access to Winflex Web which is a great tool for illustrating more advanced permanent life insurance illustrations.
If you’re looking for Medicare quote comparisons, we can get you access to CSG.