The explosive growth of online video is remarkable. In March of 2014 US internet users watched 46.6 billion online videos. That means on average, each Internet users in the US watched 248 online videos in one month !
While it is the case that many of these video views are goofy cats & funny dance moves from videos posted to YouTube; top marketers are embracing video as a “best practice. In fact, Video is now ranked as the most effective form of content marketing by brand marketers.
Why you Ask? Well, it’s quite simple. VIDEO WORKS !
Most people are visual learners, and the combination of voice, imagery and text is more much more engaging than text alone.
That’s why for Agency owners, it’s critical that you pay attention to this medium as a way for you to attract, engage and retain clients.
Below is a list of the TOP 10 ways You can Use Video to Drive Growth.
1. Customer testimonials: This is a great way to showcase your service level, expertise, and commitment to finding the best pricing.
2. Create a “Why work with My Agency Video”: This video will help you to share with your prospects why your agency is different.
Tip: Keep this video “short and sweet” under 1 minute. Be sure to answer the question “what is my unique selling proposition”.
3. Birthdays: REMEMBER… you are in a relationship business. Everyone likes to be celebrated on her special day.
Tip: You can create one birthday video and use for all of your clients
Script Idea: “From all of Us at the XZY Insurance Agency, we want to wish you a Happy Birthday”
4. Holidays: This is an easy and cost effective way to “touch your book”
TIP: Don’t be afraid to show some personality
5. Quoting: Include your “Why work with My Agency Video” along with quotes. This is a great way to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate your professionalism
6. On your website: Top Agency Owners are using video to explain the different types of coverages they offer. These videos will help you to stand out from the crowd, and attract new business.
TIP: If you don’t want to create these videos yourself, our service includes out-of-the-box videos you can use
7. In your email marketing: We all know the importance of staying “top of mind” with our book. Sharing educational content from time to time is a great way to reinforce our value. (and Video content is EVEN better)
8. Cross-selling: The more policies your clients have with you, the longer they stay & the more they refer others. Sharing video content is a great way to educate your insureds regarding any gaps in coverage.
TIP: If you don’t want to create these videos yourself, our service has out-of-the-box videos you can use
9. On Social Media: Sharing video content on Facebook and LinkedIn is a great way to attract new business.
TIP: Post a birthday video on your friend’s wall from “YOUR AGENCY” to remind them that you are in the insurance business – great exposure for your agency.
10. Networking: Don’t just send your contact information after meeting someone. Send a VIDEO ! This makes you more professional and more memorable
About the Author: Mike Demko – Founder & CEO of MyInsuranceVideos.com
We’ve helped over 250 Agency owners leverage video to attract, engage and retain clients.
Our platform includes 30 “out-of-the-box videos” agents can use when quoting, on their website/blog and when cross-selling. We also include “voice enhanced” birthday and holiday videos that are automatically sent to clients via email and can be posted on Social Media. All Videos play on an “agent branded” page.
For more information, please visit www.myinsurancevideos.com