ChatGPT is now the fastest technology to reach one million users since its launch according to Forbes.
It took five days! Five!
To put that in perspective, the iPhone took 74 days and Facebook took 10 months.
ChatGPT is to Artificial intelligence content development what the discovery of lift and drag were to aviation, pivotal!
As of the publishing of this article, ChatGPT had a waiting list to get access to its content development platform. So while we wait, let’s poke around to see how this new technology can help your insurance agency generate more leads and keep more customers happy.
What the heck is AI-generated content?
Every nano-second of every day technology is soaking up what is written, searched, and said on the internet and spitting it back in many different ways that help our everyday lives. You see the benefits every day when you search for something. In fact, I bet this is true for just about everyone: You are shocked, not just surprised, when SEO comes up empty on a search.
Now it can write.
The implications of this rapidly-improving technology to digital marketing for insurance agencies like yours are off the charts:
- Create more content. The many hats you wear for your business likely don’t allow you to spend the time required to be a prolific content publisher. Options like ChatGPT (there are others out there as well) turn writer’s block on its head. I will buy the next round of drinks if your reaction to the first AI-generated article you test is anything other than “holy…” 🙂
- Create better content. “Better” is a work in progress with this new technology. Think of it like a self-driving car: it will run a stop light or two here and there so you have to keep your eyes on the road. That said, if your topic title did not deliver the content you wanted, keep refining the title to take advantage of AI’s ability to learn. It’s really cool, but takes time to learn to give it good instructions.
- Meet customers where they are. Think of AI-generated content as your own private market research capability. The better your questions, the better the answers. If you are asking AI to create the right content you are much, much more likely to have your content ranking higher in search results, especially when you pair it with the human element and your first hand experience.
- Provide better and faster service. Great marketers connect with customers throughout their lifecycle, from the early days of the sales process to the ongoing needs of customers at the many touch points in the relationship with you. There is no excuse in today’s world for customer needs to go unmet or questions unanswered (or poorly answered).
Five ways to start using AI-generated content
You should start doing these today (we can help you).
- Sales prospecting. Let AI generate alternative messages to address different customer needs. For me, coming up with multiple messages was hard so having AI do it for me in seconds got me to the brainstorming finish line much faster.
- Email marketing. This is an area most small to medium insurance agencies fail in miserably. AI can help you with outreach and responses to customers. You should be building a structure where technology speaks for you automatically using chat bots and automation.
- Social media advertising. Like sales, AI can help you develop creative alternatives to test on social media. I don’t know about you but I find it much harder to write something with 40-50 words than I do something with 400-500 words. Ads need to be on target and to the point. AI can help. If you don’t like the result, ask the question in a different way until you get the starting point you can tweak with your expertise and experience.
- Website content. Most insurance agency websites are stale. It’s just another task that small marketing teams can’t get to in a day job devoted to SEO and lead generation. AI can develop creative content that can be refined as you learn more about those coming to your site. Refined is the keyword here, we do not suggest at all that you replace your writing team with AI, your writing team should use AI as the productivity tool that it currently is.
- Service and support. While it will not replace your people, AI chat is an excellent way to give customers instant support and collect valuable intelligence for your customer service team.
It’s not perfect, so…
AI-generated content is still learning its craft.
Think of it as a really smart teenager… lots of energy and enthusiasm but a few bricks shy of a full load of wisdom.
In fact, when you do test it out, see if there is an option for “humor” in the article you are exploring. Let me know if you thought it was funny, or even just funny like a dad joke! 🙂
So, our recommendation is to edit it just as aggressively as if your teenager wrote it. As my mom used to tell me: measure twice, cut once.