In 10 minutes one of our agents turned a cold room hot.
Jon Burgmann recently joined the O’Fallon, IL chapter of BNI (Business Networking International). This is a new BNI chapter and currently has 20 members. He had the opportunity Wednesday to give a 10-minute presentation to the group about who he is and what he does. For those unfamiliar with BNI, it’s a national association focused on helping small businesses network. It allows one person to represent a specific business category: Jon represents life and health insurance.
Let Jon tell what happened Wednesday:
“At the end of my presentation, I did not have anyone ask direct questions, but one of my guests (a current customer) gave a glowing testimonial about my service to her. I also got three more testimonials from other people near the end of the meeting.
“After the meeting the realtor of the group asked to meet with me about disability insurance (before this point he told me he doesn’t believe in insurance).
“Another member asked me to review his Northwestern policies.
“The plumber of the group, whom I have been trying to lock an appointment with, also said he was interested in disability insurance.
“And, I had two other people make inquiries about their health insurance.
“I have two appointments (as of Thursday) and one more I expect to set next week.”
All that in less than 24 hours after the meeting!
I helped Jon develop a killer presentation and I can help you, too. If you are not leveraging BNI then you’re missing a great opportunity.
Email Drew about setting up a BNI presentation
Question of the Day: What is your tolerance for risk?
Agents simply don’t spend enough time with clients talking about risk. For some reason there’s a perception that managing risk is generally handled by the guys who sell stocks and bonds.
Not so fast.
If you’re carrying products like fixed annuities and index universal life then you’re a major player in a client’s investment strategy. We like to call it the “defensive” piece of a client’s strategy. Put some of the following questions in your regular list to probe client needs:
- Are you willing to accept above average risk to get above average returns?
- If your investments lose money in the next year can you resist the urge to sell them?
- Are you comfortable investing in the stock market?
- If you are 60 or older, are you comfortable that you may never be able to regain losses on an aggressive investment today?
- Do you consider yourself knowledgeable about economics and personal investing?
- How aggressive are your investment goals for retirement? Rate on a scale from 1-10 where “1” is not aggressive at all and “10” is extremely aggressive.
- Which of the following best describes you: a gambler or a risk avoider?
- You have been planning a big vacation for more than a year and a month before the trip you lose your job. What would you do?
- If you unexpectedly received $25,000 to invest, what would you do with it?
- How comfortable are you investing in stocks? Rate on a scale from 1-10 where “1” is not comfortable at all and “10” is extremely comfortable.
Product of the Week: Sagicor Sage No Lapse Universal Life (NLUL)
Sagicor continues to sneak up the charts and make itself at home in our agents’ portfolios. The Sage No Lapse Universal Life product helps clients save enormous amounts of money each month. Clients can qualify for more than $25,000 in life insurance for the same price as a preferred $15,000 final expense plan by utilizing the Sage NLUL. It offers the following benefits:
- Level Premiums
- Coverage to age 120
- Issue Age: 15 Days – 85 Years
- Terminal Condition Rider – NO COST
- Simple E-Application
- No Medical Exams up to $249,999
- No Phone Interview
- Extremely Competitive Rates
- Five Rate Classes
Call 866-547-8780 and talk to Drew Gurley, ext. 102.