Welcome to the best and most unique sales jobs St. Louis has to offer!
You made it here likely because you’re looking for an insurance sales job. More money. Or a better work environment.
Or a career instead of more run of the mill sales jobs. St. Louis is a ripe market and has plenty of appetite for strong and ethical senior market insurance advisors.
Learning how to become an insurance agent has never been easier! Learning how to sell life insurance successfully has never been easier!
If you have ever asked yourself, “is selling life insurance a good career opportunity?” then you should continue reading.
Below are some of the common questions we’ll make sure you understand:
- How to start selling medicare supplement insurance?
- What’s the secret to selling life insurance?
- How to be successful in insurance sales?
- How to find life insurance clients?
- What is it like being an insurance broker?
- How to get a medicare license?
- How to become a Medicare insurance agent?
We have a great system in place to answer the questions above and exceed your expectations. If you’re looking for a career and place to call home, we would love the opportunity to connect.
Read on to learn about the insurance sales job openings available in St. Louis and how to apply.
St. Louis, MO Insurance Sales Job Details
We are a growing insurance agency in St. Louis, MO with a core focus of helping you learn how to start selling Medicare Supplement insurance and Final Expense life insurance. We are actively looking for aspiring insurance sales professionals who want autonomy and support, structure and flexibility, a place to call home, and pre-set insurance appointments in St. Louis and surrounding areas.
We will be hiring four sales advisors this year who are looking to build their book of business in St. Louis as well as Chicago and Kansas City. Here’s the fly-by of the opportunity:
- Title: Senior Insurance Advisor
- Status: Full-time
- Primary customer target audience: Individuals near or in retirement (senior market)
- Products: Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage, Final Expense Life Insurance and Fixed and Indexed Annuities
- Insurance Agent Compensation: Draw/Commission + Bonus + Renewals
- Business model: Independent Career Agency
- Sales environment: Stem-to-Stern Support for Advisors
- Health and Life Licensed
- Technologically Astute
- Unconditionally Committed to Succeeding
- Dependable Transportation
- Travel on Average 1-2 Days/Week
- College Degree or Some College Education a Plus
Let’s break down the opportunity. Who are you dealing with?
- Our company was founded in 2012 and we have grown steadily in revenue and with product offerings that make strategic sense to seniors (being an independent firm, we can shop the market for life and health insurance for seniors, making the sales process much smoother).
- Life Insurance and Medicare health plans are our foundation. Today they represent approximately 83% of our total revenue. We have slowly added retirement and ancillary products (e.g. fixed annuities, cancer plans and hospital indemnity) as they made sense (and are interested in growing in this area). Our Medicare sales training is top notch and we’ll help you learn how to get a Medicare license through our CMS certification program. We’ll teach you how to become a Medicare agent and work you’re the ever growing turning 65 Medicare leads while always meeting compliance guidelines.
- Our advisors focus on providing value by offering the full product portfolio to ensure we can address the needs of the senior market in St. Louis.
- We are a Career Firm. We work with independent insurance advisors who are devoted to our products and benefit from our stem-to-stern advisor support model.
Below are some of the perks that make this the best insurance sales job in St. Louis.
Pre-Set Appointments: Sales Jobs St. Louis Has Been Waiting For
You are provided 15-20 preset insurance appointments per week in MO, IL and KS. Pre-set appointments are for Medicare Supplements and Final Expense.
We are highly sensitive to lead quality and use the best direct mail programs (which are the highest quality insurance lead aside from referrals) to keep you constantly in front of interested prospects. This is unlike any healthcare sales jobs St. Louis has to offer and one of the best insurance selling strategies.
Insurance CRM and Electronic Applications
You are armed with an iPad which is tied into our proprietary agency management systems giving you real-time information about your book of business.
We like to think it’s the best CRM for insurance agents, and the best part is that it’s exclusive to our team. We love the idea that we’re not cutting down trees anymore! And, agents love the simplicity of our dedication to A-rated carriers that offer intuitive electronic applications.
Administrative Back Office Support, Dedicated Case Manager and Hands on Training
Full-time folks at our St. Louis headquarters help you save time, deal with questions/issues, talk to your clients if necessary and generally make your life easier. If we get serious about each other we will introduce you to our management team and a few of our top advisors.
Our training platform is top notch and teaches you how to be successful selling insurance.
This is first accomplished through our insurance sales tips which can be quickly accessed 24 hours / day through your company provided Ipad. We’re constantly sharing life insurance selling ideas as well as more ways to grow your medicare book of business. It’s a team environment and we’re all dedicated to each other’s success. One of the most useful tools is our impaired risk guide which is readily available here. You can download this now and start improving your ability to write impaired risk life insurance immediately.
Top Life Insurance and Health Contracts
Our growth has positioned us well with many of the industry’s best life insurance companies to work for.
In the end, only the successful companies get the good contracts. Period.
If you’re talking with other firms be sure to press them on details because, we hate to say it, there is a lot of smoke going on with contracts these days.
Getting contracted with the right carriers and the wrong FMO is a recipe for disaster, do your homework. Also, unlike many captive agencies, we have products that if a face-to-face scenario isn’t possible, you can sell life insurance over the phone!
Day Time Sales and Pre-Set Life Insurance Appointments
One of the best reasons to work the senior insurance market is the flexibility it provides. Most advisors work from home primarily because their days are full with appointments. But, join us any time in the office… we have plenty of space.
We are unapologetically passionate about what we do.
If you’re familiar with the Medicare and Final Expense sales world, you know there is high annual turnover because most agencies encourage their agents to make new sales rather than to retain clients (the bridge is burning behind them all the time).
We believe our advisors are better served by retaining clients (and capturing the ongoing renewal income) and so is our company. Win-win.
Insurance Agent Salary Information
In 2016, one-third of our advisors averaged $117,000 in commission income, bonuses and renewals. And, these folks worked, on average, about four days a week.
This is one of the few six figures sales jobs St. Louis offers that doesn’t require the extensive travel you might find in other fields.
If you’re curious how many sales it takes to make six figures in the insurance business, play around with the Redbird insurance salary estimator tool before your interview.
What is it about our top producers that makes them successful (and are the attributes we are after in new advisors)?
- Customer Focused: Embrace the concept of service along with sales.
- Independent minded: Have an edginess that keeps them motivated.
- Self-starter: We never have to push them.
- Demand control: Ecstatic using the Ipad sales system. It was one more way for them to maintain a firm grip on their world.
- Coachable and Eager to Learn: Realize change happens fast and aren’t afraid.
- Technically Astute: Embrace technology to become more efficient.
- Career Minded: Want to build something special for themselves.
To be brutally honest, few people we speak with are right for this opportunity… not because they can’t do it, but more because they don’t want to.
Our technology, culture and passion for helping people is why our advisors consider this one of the best sales jobs. St. Louis is home base for us, so if you’re local, contact us and learn more about our competitive opportunity. Looking for sales jobs St. louis has to offer can be extremely frustrating, so we hope you’ll request an interview and see for yourself why we’re different.
Sales jobs St. Louis: Territory Availability
Territories include but are not limited to Affton, Ballwin, Bella Villa, Brentwood, Bridgeton, Chesterfield, Clarkson Valley, Clayton, Concord, Crestwood, Creve Coeur, Des Peres, Ellisville, Eureka, Fenton, Ferguson, Florissant, Frontenac, Glencoe, Glendale, Grantwood Village, Green Park, Grover, Hanley Hills, Hazelwood, Huntleigh, Kirkwood, Ladue, Lemay, Mackenzie, Manchester, Maplewood, Marlborough, Maryland Heights, Mehlville, Oakland, Oakville, Olivette, Richmond Heights, Rock Hill., Sappington, Shrewsbury, Sunset Hills, Town and Country, University City, Valley Park, Warson Woods, Webster Groves, Wildwood, Winchester, Columbia, Edwardsville, Carbondale, Belleville, Granite Springs, Jeff City, Springfield, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Decatur, Cape Girardeau, Alton, Wood River, Collinsville, Troy, Waterloo, Glen Carbon, Cahokia, Chicago, Kankakee, Rockford, Peoria, Blue Springs, Gladstone, Independence, Oak Park, Joliet, Naperville, Aurora, Bloomington, Danville, Dixon, Wichita, Overland Park, Topeka, Lawrence City, Salina, Hutchinson, Dodge City, and many other cities in the state of Missouri, Illinois and Kansas
Sales Jobs in Downtown St. Louis and Surrounding States and Cities:
Current Medicare and Life Insurance contracts include but are not limited to, Essence, Manhattan Life, Centene, CSI, CSI Life, Heartland National, Aetna, Combined, Transamerica, Mutual of Omaha, Coventry, United Health Care, AIG, Sentinel Security, Axa, Mass Mutual, Foresters, Equitrust, Allianz, GPM, VOYA, Baltimore Life, Americo, United American, Equitable, American Equity, Anthem, John Hancock, New York Life, Mutual Trust Life, North American, Oxford, Prudential, Sagicor, United Home Life, Liberty National, Prosperity Life, William Penn, Royal Neighbors of America, Senior Life Insurance Company, Prosperity Life, Sentinel Security, Heartland National and many more.