Reading time: 7 minutes
One of our agents in Arizona (Marty) has found amazing success selling Medicare Supplements.
He uses Medicare Supplements as the door opener to incremental sales using Services Offered and our Thumbprint View sales strategy. For every 100 Med Supps sold, Marty sells on average an additional 138 annuities and 126 life policies. On top of this, about 40% of his clients give him referrals. All because he goes in with a purpose—Med Supps—but takes the discussion to a broader level with Services Offered.
Here’s his story:
“I buy lists of people turning 65 from 90-180 days out. 500 to 650 costs about $50,” Marty says. “They are set up by month then ascending zip codes.
“I call every number on the list using a simple script and I simply make an appointment to visit them. In the home I first spend a few minutes talking about myself and then pull out Services Offered and then give them List of Carriers. It shows the client I am an independent agent that does the shopping for them.
“Many times, after I have shown them the Services Offered list, they ask me about their dormant 401k or a non-performing IRA or their need for a life policy. I tell them let’s look at it after we finish writing the Medicare Supplement application.
“Next I pull out Thumbprint View (call Drew and ask him about this ingenious and utterly simple approach) and tell them I have six yes or no questions I’d would like to ask them. I don’t need details, but rather just an understanding of what they have and don’t have. However, I do not want to get into a discussion on these topics at this meeting so I thank them and complete the Medicare Supplement. I want to stay focused on writing up the supplement. It’s important to be patient at this point and not overwhelm the client.
“I deliver every policy I write. I first review the new policy with the client and then switch the discussion back to their answers from the Thumbprint. This is my second time in the client’s home and almost always they are willing to let me expand the discussion.
“Using Thumbprint I have written life and annuities I might not have written otherwise. I pick up ancillary business from the same client and it hasn’t cost me anything except my time.”
Marty’s approach works! Over and over and over. If you’re interested in learning more about expanding the discussion via the Thumbprint call 866-547-8780 and talk to Drew Gurley, ext. 102.
Need Errors and Ommissions (E&O) coverage?
Get new lower rates with 5Star-sponsored program
through MGA Insurance Services. Contact MGA today for more details.
http://www.mga-eo.com/fivestar or 877-524-0265
Product of the week: Equitrust Market Twelve Bonus
Equitrust’s MarketTwelve fixed indexed annuity is an extremely competitive product for someone looking for strong contractual guarantees. It offers a highly competitive income rider for a low fee of 1%. The combination of the income rider, downside market protection, and 100% LTC liquidity makes this a great option for many individuals seeking safer options. Backed by Guggenheim, Equitrust has a long history of performance and will continue to be a major player in the life and fixed annuity market.
- Issues ages 0-75
- 100% Nursing Home rider
- Lifetime Income rider
- Qualified and Non-Qualified options
- Bypass probate
- 6% Bonus Year 1
- 2% Compounded Bonus Year 2
- 2% Compounded Bonus Year 3
- 2% Compounded Bonus Year 4
- 12% total bonus
- $30,000 minimum contribution
- Multiple crediting methods
Call 866-547-8780 and talk to Drew Gurley, ext. 102.
- Life: What’s raising rates: It’s no surprise smokers pay more than non-smokers, but are you aware how much more they pay? It’s crazy. And, there are other factors that have a significant impact on rates. Read more.
- Voluntary benefits: Boost your sales. Health care reform is turning healthcare for workers upside down. Employee sponsored plans are changing and voluntary benefits are a meaningful option for businesses, especially those with less than 50 employees. Check out this story from the Employee Benefits Advisor. Get on the voluntary benefit bandwagon. Call Drew Gurley today. Read more.
- Social media: Facebook for rich folks. Enter Netropolitan, a Facebook-like resource for those with cash to burn. Fully secure, no ads and only $9,000 to join and $3,000 per year… huh?? Read more.
- Fact Finder: end of year means planning. Get prepared to help your clients get prepared. Our Fact Finder provides an excellent platform to better understand client needs, plans and concerns. Click here to download the Redbird Fact Finder.