Columbian life is one of the most established final expense companies for independent agents and continues to evolve and stay relevant as more and more players enter the market.
Why Contract with Columbian Life
Columbian has been a staple carrier in the final expense business for many years. Below are some of the core benefits appointed agents enjoy.
- Business is commonly issued in 2-3 business days assuming you’re submitting clean applications.
- Competitive commissions and renewals. They also have the option for tiered renewals based on how you structure your agency.
- Extremely intuitive agent portal
- Simplified underwriting
Columbian Life Final Expense Highlights
- Lowering of the age from 25-85
- Minimum face amount for Classic I ages 45 to 85 is being lowered to $2,500
- Classic II graded benefit will be available from $2,500 to $15,000 at all issue ages
- The Accidental Death Benefit Rider will be available for issue ages 25 to 65
- Waiver of Premium will be available for ages 25 to 55
- The new Grandchild Term Rider will be available with Classic I and Classic II at all issue ages and can be used to cover children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of the base insured. At the low annual premium of $2.40 per unit, $2,500 of coverage will cost only 52 cents per month per child.
- These changes will take effect for applications dated January 1, 2014 or later.
We all run into clients in the field under age 50 that need the unique underwriting of the over 50 products. Columbian is an established player in the Final Expense business and this enhancement will allow you to go down market with a strong message and product.
Also, one of our key life carriers will be announcing after the first of the year a fully automated life product issuing up to $399,000. Here’s more:
- No phone interview
- No medical exam
- Instant decision
- Five rate classes
- No-cost nursing home rider
- E-policy delivery
This will be a game changer for those attacking the middle market. We’ve yet to find another carrier that comes close to the benefits and pricing of this simplified product. We will let you know about this as soon as it is official.
Columbian Life Agent Sales Trip
Columbian has started hinting at their next incentive trip and has given us the following clues.
- It’s happening in 2021
- You’ll enjoy cool ocean breezes
- Qualification period is from May 1st, 2019 through October 31, 2020.
Columbian Life Agent Support
One of the other reasons agents love working with Columbian life is due to their access to support materials on the open agent portal.
If you go to Columbian’s site and click on sitemap, you can access all of their relevant materials to support your life sales efforts.
Columbian Life Products
- Caring Solutions / ParMaster Whole Life
- Dignified Choice Final Expense
- Flagship Whole Life
- Guaranteed Issue Whole Life
- Monthly Debit Ordinary (MDO) Whole Life
- New Century Classic Whole Life
- Stellar Solutions Universal Life
- TermLife Simplified Issue Term
- TermLine 10, 15, 20
Are you ready to get contracted to sell Columbian Life?